Animal Care Attendants
London Regional Veterinary Emergency and Referral Hospital is currently recruiting dependable and outgoing Animal Care Attendants to join our hospital. This full-time opportunity includes a range of responsibilities which directly contributes to the efficient and effective daily operation of the hospital. A passion for both pets and people is a must, as well as maintaining professionalism in emergencies and stressful situations. We are a progressive, fast paced 24-hour emergency and referral hospital, who strives to provide exceptional animal care. Our Animal Care Team is a huge part of our highly skilled practice, and we are looking for someone like-minded to join our team. The shifts will typically be 12 hours in length, with a mixture of nights and weekends included in the schedule, along with some occasional days shifts and holidays.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to;
• Caring for our patients; feeding, walking and offering a gentle voice of assurance
• Ensuring animal housing is clean, sanitary and comfortable
• Creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere for patients and pet parents
• Animal restraint for different treatments and/or procedures
• Reception duties as needed
• Perform general hospital maintenance, housekeeping, laundry and restocking as required
• Excellent customer service skills; a real aptitude for putting pets and pet parents at ease and creating a welcoming environment
• Willingness to learn more regarding; pet nutrition, veterinary services, updated medical office procedures and assisting the veterinary team with various tasks and treatments
• Minimum 1 year of clinical experience required.
Please click the link below to apply. You will need to create a VCA Account.